Here we go ……….on day 1 of 365 as my nutrition and exercise has gone a little “pear shaped” and I feel a bit rubbish.
- YET it was only a few weeks ago on 12 Sept 2021 that I did my 10k charity run in Brighton and felt AMAZING.
- It was a few weeks before that I did the Battersea 10k run – I will be doing a video about that experience! – and when that ended I felt like I could conquer the world. I felt I could literally achieve anything.
- A few weeks before Battersea I was in Brighton on a short break and tested myself and did a 10k run then – so I did 3 10k runs in 3 months! I’m amazed I managed it BUT I did loads of training even on days I didn’t want to
This is me just at the finish line of the 10k charity run in Brighton – I was VERY happy to see the finish line
- Today – I felt kind of flat.
- I felt a bit low.
- I felt a bit rubbish.
WHY? Well I am sure I know why as the only change over the last few weeks is………..I haven’t done as much running/exercise as I had been doing, I haven’t been fully focussed on good nutrition and that is what I am sure has caused this “flatness”. Nothing else much has changed.
I know that consistently eating well and exercising – even minimal exercise – makes me feel AMAZING and on top of the world. I suppose my mind was thinking…..well you’ve done your 10k now so can relax a bit. Well that would be ok for a few days…………..but it’s kind of gone on too long now with not great consequences.
It’s great to have a goal like a 10k to aim for. But what happens when that ends? Of course more challenges can be signed up for.
BUT in reality each day is my challenge as it is the day to day consistency of a healthy lifestyle that improves my overall and ongoing wellbeing and longevity. Of course there may be days when things “slip” but it’s about not staying in that place – don’t unpack your bag and stay there Eileen.
I am back “on it”
- Planning my food
- Planning my fitness/training
- Planning my rest time – equally important
I have some challenges lined up with one that ends just before this 365 day challenge ends – watch out for updates on those 🙂
Chat soon, Eileen